The Savage Flux HP is HPI’s electric brushless motor version of it’s ultra successful Savage line of monster trucks.
At the heart of the Savage Flux HP is the Flux system which consists of the Tork 2200 brushless motor and Blur brushless electronic speed controller. The Savage Flux HP is a Ready-to-Run kit which comes with HPI’s 2.4 GHz DSSS Radio System.
This kit is sure to deliver all the power of the Nitro engines without all the noise. For back-yard bashers this means 100% of the power with 90% less noise complaints from the neighbors.
What Kind of Engine / Motor Does it Have?
Unlike it’s predecessors, which ran on Nitro engines, the Savage Flux HP runs on the Flux Tork 2200 brushless motor which gives you incredible power in a quieter and cleaner electric motor. The Tork 2200 can handle up to 25 volts of power which give the car incredible torque and speeds of up to 62 mph (100 kmph).
Guess what? No more running out of fuel. As long as you’ve got access to a wall outlet, a charger and some extra batteries you’re all set for endless bashing.
How Fast Does It Go?
With 3S LiPo batteries and on-road tires the Savage Flux HP can reach speeds of up to 62 mph (100 kmph). If you’ve seen any RC Car hit speeds of +50 mph you’ll know that 62 mph is stupid fast – which is perfect for speed hungry bashers looking to do a little bit of showing off with insane jump heights or some standing back-flips with the included wheelie bar.
Is it Ready-to-Run or a Kit?
The Savage Flux HP is a Read-to-Run kit which comes 98% pre-assembled from HPI. This is sad for those of us who actually enjoy putting together our RC’s, but perfect for the more lazy amongst us who just want to take it out of the box and start bashing.
The kit includes the truck, and all the radio equipment, motor and electronics. All you need to add is receiver batteries and your choice of battery packs and charger.
Of course you’ll want to pickup the 3S LiPo packs for that added speed boost when you lose control and smoke that tree. Just make sure you have someone filming, so at least you can put it up on YouTube.
HPI Savage Flux HP Specifications
- Motor: Flux Tork 2200 Brushless Motor (Up to 25 V) w/Integrated Cooling Fan
- Speed Controller: Flux Blur ESC, Up to 6S LiPo Power
- Battery Power: Up to 16 NiMH Cells (2×6-cell, 2×7-cell, 2×8-cell) or 2 LiPo Packs (2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V)
- Radio: High Quality 2.5 GHz DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum) Radio
- Transmission: All-Metal Transmission Gears
- Suspension: XL Tough Suspension, Big Bore Nylon Shocks
- Differentials: Machined Bulletproof Diff Gears
- Spur Gear: Machined Steel Spur Gear
- Steering: SF-5 High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo
- Tires: All Terrain Tires Included
- Body: GT-2 Bodyshell with All-New Flame Paint Scheme
- Extras: Savage Wheelie Bar Included
- HPI Part Number: #104240